Banana, pecan and maple cakes – moist, soft banana loaf cakes with crunchy chopped pecans and topped with a gorgeous Moose maple buttercream!
I’m not exaggerating when I tell you it’s heavenly. It contains no preservatives or additives – just butter and pure Grade A maple syrup. Yum.
Moose maple isn’t available nationwide yet (come on, retailers!) but if you visit the moose maple website you will find a list of current stockists.
Moose maple butter isn’t just for spreading on your toast – it has many other uses!
It’s also fantastic for baking.
These banana, maple and pecan cakes are a must try for banana bread fans. The banana loaves are moist, light and full of crunchy pecan nuts.
I made a buttercream with the Moose Maple Butter to ice the banana cakes. It really was a perfect combination!
- 250g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 125g maple Moose butter, melted
- 175g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75g pecans, chopped
For the maple buttercream
- 125g Maple Moose butter, softened
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 250g icing sugar
- 25g pecans, for decoration (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180c/160Fan/350F. Grease and line your loaf tins, or use cake release spray.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Stir together the mashed bananas, melted butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients, stirring gently until just combined. Take care not to overmix. Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Divide the batter between your loaf tins, filling them no higher 2/3 thirds full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes for the smaller loaves and 40-45 minutes for the larger ones.
- When they are risen and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean, remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- For the maple buttercream, beat all of the ingredients together using an electric mixer until very light and fluffy.
- Spread the maple buttercream over the cooled cakes and top with pecans.
If you can't eat nuts for whatever reason, it's fine to leave them out.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 280Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 39mgSodium 93mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 2gSugar 32gProtein 8g
Calories and nutritional information are provided by a third party application and should be viewed as indicative figures only.