Banana, pecan and maple cakes – moist, soft banana loaf cakes with crunchy chopped pecans and topped with a gorgeous Moose maple buttercream!
I’m not exaggerating when I tell you it’s heavenly. It contains no preservatives or additives – just butter and pure Grade A maple syrup. Yum.
Moose maple isn’t available nationwide yet (come on, retailers!) but if you visit the moose maple website you will find a list of current stockists.
Moose maple butter isn’t just for spreading on your toast – it has many other uses!
It’s also fantastic for baking.
These banana, maple and pecan cakes are a must try for banana bread fans. The banana loaves are moist, light and full of crunchy pecan nuts.
I made a buttercream with the Moose Maple Butter to ice the banana cakes. It really was a perfect combination!
- 250g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 125g maple Moose butter, melted
- 175g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 75g pecans, chopped
For the maple buttercream
- 125g Maple Moose butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 250g icing sugar
- 25g pecans, for decoration (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180c/160Fan/350F. Grease and line your loaf tins, or use cake release spray.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Stir together the mashed bananas, melted butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients, stirring gently until just combined. Take care not to overmix. Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Divide the batter between your loaf tins, filling them no higher 2/3 thirds full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes for the smaller loaves and 40-45 minutes for the larger ones.
- When they are risen and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean, remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- For the maple buttercream, beat all of the ingredients together using an electric mixer until very light and fluffy.
- Spread the maple buttercream over the cooled cakes and top with pecans.
If you can't eat nuts for whatever reason, it's fine to leave them out.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 8g
Calories and nutritional information are provided by a third party application and should be viewed as indicative figures only.