Sweet Chilli Pasta With Smoked Salmon And Peas
A super quick and delicious creamy pasta dish with smoked salmon and peas.
- 100 g Frozen Peas
- 500 g Dried Pasta I love this with penne or tagliatelle but use whatever you wish
- 200 g Soft Cheese I used Philadelphia Sweet Chilli
- 3-4 tbsp pasta cooking water
- 200 g Smoked Salmon, cut into small ribbons
- 1 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce Optional - for an extra chilli kick!
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh or frozen dill
Place the frozen peas in a small pan of water, bring to the boil, simmer for 5 minutes then drain.
Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and drain, reserving a small cup of the pasta water.
Return the drained pasta to the pan and place back on the (turned off but still warm) hob. Add the soft cheese, a couple of tablespoons of the pasta water and sweet chilli sauce, if using.Stir until everything coats the pasta and becomes a creamy sauce, adding a little more of the reserved cooking water if it seems thick. Stir in the peas, smoked salmon ribbons and chopped dill, stirring for no longer than a minute or two (you don’t want to cook the salmon, just heat it through.)
Season to taste and serve immediately.
For a citrusy kick, add the grated zest of 1/2 a lemon to the sauce.
Consider stirring in 1/2-1 tablespoons of drained capers when adding the smoked salmon - capers are little bombs of salty, unami flavour!
Instead of peas you could use asparagus or green beans.