I love Chinese food. It could eat it every day of the week! Since today marks the beginning of Chinese New Year, I thought it would be a perfect time to share this extremely quick and easy veggie stir fry with you.
It’s very versatile – throw in whatever veg you have to hand. Courgettes, peppers, mushrooms, baby corn, Pak Choi, spinach are all perfect here – but treat this recipe as a mere blueprint.
If you wanted, you could easily add some meat or fish – chicken, beef or prawns would be really good here.
Sriracha Stir Fried Vegetables
- 2 nests dried egg or rice noodles
- 1 tbsp Vegetable or Wok/Stir Fry Oil
- 1-2 tbsp Sriracha chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2-3 Spring Onions, finely sliced
- A selection of veg such as thinly sliced peppers, mushrooms, sugarsnap peas, courgettes
- A handful of pak Choi or fresh spinach (added at the last couple of minutes cooking time)
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling, optional
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions and drain.
- In a small bowl, stir together the Sriracha, soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Add the spring onions and vegetables and cook for a few minutes, stirring very frequently.Once the veg has been stir fried for a few minutes. Pour in the sauce, turn down the heat and let it bubble for a minute before throwing in the pak Choi or spinach. Add more soy sauce if necessary.
- Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds and fresh coriander, if it floats your boat. Add more Sriracha to taste.