This orange and cinnamon shortbread looks so pretty and festive. It makes a lovely homemade Christmas gift!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I love the run up to Christmas, even though it seems to start earlier every year.
I’m loving all the Christmas displays in the shops, the decorations, the Christmas adverts, bring it on! I’m resisting the urge to pull my Christmas jumper out of the wardrobe..for now!
One thing I love to make some time for around this time of year is settling down on the sofa with a gingerbread latte and my Christmas food magazines and books. I have a read through the recipes and decide what I’m going to make over the festive season.
I always make a few goodies for family and friends, they seem to be very well received and it’s a good thing to do if like me you are on a tight budget. I always stock up on ingredients when they are on offer in the supermarket, I keep an eye out for special deals coming up. Last year I was teased mercilessly because I bought a ton of lurpack butter in Tesco 2 for £2!
orange and cinnamon shortbread
Here is a lovely recipe for a festive shortbread. It’s scented with orange zest and cinnamon – make these and your kitchen will smell amazing!
more christmas cookie recipes
white chocolate and cranberry cookies
Orange and Cinnamon Shortbread
This orange and cinnamon shortbread is so festive and makes a lovely homemade Christmas gift!
- 225g soft butter
- 100g icing sugar
- 100g cornflour
- 250g Plain flour
- pinch of salt
- Finely grated zest of one large orange
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- caster sugar for sprinkling on the baked shortbread
- Preheat the oven to 160C/140Fan/Gas mark 3. Grease and line a couple of large baking sheets.
- Place the butter in a large mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until very light and creamy. Add the orange zest. Slowly add the icing sugar, cornflour, plain flour and cinnamon. Using your hands, bring the mixture together to make a dough. Try not to handle the dough too much - it will make the shortbread tough.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to roughly the thickness of a pound coin. Cut into shapes of your choice and bake for 15-20 minutes or until very pale golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with caster sugar. Leave on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
calories and nutritional information are provided by a third party application and should be viewed as indicative figures only
I am a fan of shortbread and I really like that you added some new flavors – orange and cinnamon.
Definitely on my list to try.
I’m such a cinnamon fan! These look lovely.