This Baileys chocolate brioche pudding is totally heavenly. Fluffy, sweet brioche baked in a chocolate flecked Baileys custard.
It’s total indulgence!
You know how it is. Once Christmas has been and gone, we always end up with half packets and bottles of this and that to use up.
Yes, we could simply just eat them to get them out of the way, but I go one step further…I love to make indulgent desserts from my Christmas leftovers.
Well, why not? I don’t live on a diet of lettuce leaves for the month of January… despite my bank balance and jeans very much screaming at me that it would be a very good idea.
I can’t think of a better way to kick off 2020 than with a dessert that involves Baileys, chocolate and brioche, can you?
Once the brioche pudding is baked and you dig a spoon in, you will find a pool of gooey chocolate sauce on the bottom.
Once you’ve assembled the pudding, leave it for about 30-60 minutes before baking. The brioche will soak in the Baileys-vanilla infused custard, giving you an oh so fluffy, quivering, softly centered inside just like any good bread pudding should have.
Have I convinced you yet?
Make this pudding, serve yourself a big spoonful with cream or ice cream if you fancy and curl up on the sofa. January isn’t so bad after all, really…
How to make this Baileys chocolate brioche pudding
Ingredients You’ll need..
- A Brioche loaf or rolls, torn into pieces
- Dark Chocolate chips, or a bar broken into small pieces
- Vanilla Extract
- Caster Sugar
- Whole Milk
- Double cream
- Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur
- Demerara sugar for sprinkling over the top
Arrange the brioche pieces in a deep dish bowl. It doesn’t really matter if it’s a round or square dish – but it must be deep enough to hold all the liquid.
Scatter over the chocolate chips.
In a large measuring jug, whisk together the eggs, caster sugar, vanilla extract, milk, Baileys and double cream until very smooth.
Slowly pour this over the brioche pieces. Cover the pudding and leave to one side for about 30 minutes or so to allow the liquid to soak into the bread.
When you’re ready to bake the pudding, sprinkle over the demerara sugar and bake at 180C/160Fan/350F for 45-50 minutes or until the pudding is puffed up, golden brown on top and the filling is set.
It will have a slight wobble in the middle but that’s ok – the pudding will set fully as it cools.
This pudding isn’t much of a looker I know, but trust me – the taste more than makes up for it!
What to serve with this baileys chocolate brioche pudding
It’s absolutely delicious served with thick double (heavy) cream, vanilla ice cream or if you want to be really over the top indulgent, serve with a small glass of Baileys!
More comforting desserts you might like…
more recipes using baileys
Did you make this Baileys Chocolate Brioche pudding? Let me know what you thought of the recipe by leaving a comment below.
If you could leave a rating by clicking on the stars in the recipe card, I would really appreciate it. Thanks and happy baking!
- 280G Brioche, torn into pieces
- 100g Dark chocolate chips, or one bar chopped into small pieces
- 3 Large Eggs
- 80g Caster Sugar
- 300ml Whole Milk
- 150ml Double Cream
- 100ml Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Demerara Sugar
- Place the brioche pieces in a buttered deep ovenproof dish. Scatter over the chocolate chips.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, caster sugar, Baileys and double cream until very smooth. Slowly pour the mixture over the brioche. Cover and leave for about 30 minutes or so to allow the liquid to soak into the bread. Preheat the oven to 180C/160Fan/350F.
- Sprinkle the pudding with demerara sugar and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden on top, puffed up and the custard is set. The pudding should still have a bit of a wobble in the middle - it will continue to cook and set after removing from the oven.
- Leave for 5 minutes before dusting with icing sugar. Serve with thick cream or ice cream.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 522Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 191mgSodium 243mgCarbohydrates 53gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 2gSugar 36gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 10g