Believe me when I say you won’t be able to stop eating this baked Camembert with chilli and apricot jam. It’s ridiculously easy to make and even easier to eat!
Perfect for parties, get togethers or when you just want to spoil yourself!
It might sound like an unusual combination, but this gooey baked Camembert with apricot jam, chopped red chillies and walnuts is absolutely divine.
it’s so simple to make but so good and once you’ve tried it, you will make it again and again.
The recipe comes from my lovely friend Morag. The only change I’ve made to the recipe is add some fresh rosemary.
Obviously, you can scale the ingredients up according to the size of your Camembert.
If you’ve got a crowd coming over, I highly recommend you buy a large one. This is addictive!
How to make a baked Camembert
- Cut your Camembert in half.
- Top the cheese with apricot jam,chopped chillies and walnuts.
- Place the other half of the Camembert on top, sealing the jam inside.
- Pop the whole Camembert back in the box. Using a sharp knife, make little slits in the Camembert. Poke sprigs of fresh rosemary through the slits. Drizzle the cheese and rosemary with olive oil and bake at 180C/160Fan/350F for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbling.
- Serve the Camembert with crusty bread, breadsticks, crackers, vegetable sticks or whatever you like!
More party food
Wishing you all a very happy and healthy 2020!
- 1 250g Camembert
- 1-2 Tablespoons Apricot Jam
- 1 small red Chilli
- 25g Chopped Walnuts
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive OIl
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160Fan/350F. Remove the Camembert from its box and using a sharp knife, cut it in half.
- Place the apricot jam in the centre of one half of the camembert. Sprinkle over the chopped chilli and chopped walnuts.
- Place the Camembert back in its box, then place the other half on top. Cut a few small slits in the top of the cheese, then stick a few rosemary sprigs in the slits.
- Drizzle the Camembert and the Rosemary with olive oil, then place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is hot and melted beautifully.
- Remove the Camembert from the oven and serve with crusty bread, crisps, vegetable sticks or whatever you desire!
Obviously if you have a larger Camembert, you can easily double the ingredients.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 409 Total Fat 29g Saturated Fat 13g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 13g Cholesterol 70mg Sodium 1024mg Carbohydrates 15g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 6g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 22g