These cheesy little biscuits are quick, easy and addictive.
I’ve been making them since my eldest son’s first Birthday – he turns 15 next month! How the hell did that happen – I feel like I’ve skipped a few years somewhere along the way 😲
This is the first in a series of “quick bakes” I’ll be sharing with you over the next couple of months.
The dough for these biscuits is child’s play to work with – you simply pop all the ingredients in a food processor. You can of course do it by hand – it just takes a bit longer for the dough to come together. It helps if your butter is nice and soft.
When it comes to rolling out, the dough is very forgiving. It doesn’t seem to mind being roughly handled and re-rolled. No matter how many times I squige the cut offs back together and re-roll, the biscuits always turn out perfect -cheesy, crisp, melt in your mouth and delicious!
- 50 g self raising flour
- 25 g soft butter
- 80 g finely grated mature cheddar cheese
- 20 g finely grated Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika optional
- Preheat your oven to 200C/fan 180C.
- Grease and line a couple of baking trays.
- Simply mix together all the ingredients together in a bowl or place in a food processor and process until the dough comes together.
- Dust a work surface with flour, then roll out the orange dough and cut out your shapes.
- Place on the baking trays and bake for 8-10 minutes or until puffy and golden. Remove from the oven and transfer the biscuits to a wire rack to cool.
I shared these cheese stars with Bake of the week at Casa Costello
pin me for later…