These cheese star biscuits are very easy to make and delicious. They are perfect for children’s parties but grown ups love them too!
I’ve been making these little cheesy biscuits since my eldest son’s first Birthday – he turns 15 next month! How the heck did that happen – I feel like I’ve skipped a few years somewhere along the way.
This is the first in a series of “quick bakes” I’ll be sharing with you over the next couple of months.
How to make cheese star biscuits
The dough for these biscuits is child’s play to work with – you simply pop all the ingredients in a food processor.
If you don’t have a food processor, you can of course do it by hand – it just takes a bit longer for the dough to come together. It helps if your butter is nice and soft.
When it comes to rolling out, the dough is very forgiving. It doesn’t seem to mind being roughly handled and re-rolled.
No matter how many times I squige the cut offs back together and re-roll, the biscuits always turn out perfect – cheesy, crisp, melt in your mouth and delicious!
Want to see more biscuit and cookie recipes? Check these out…
Stilton and Walnut Star Biscuits (the grown up version of this recipe!)
pin these easy Cheese star biscuits for later
- 50 g self raising flour
- 25 g soft butter
- 80 g finely grated mature cheddar cheese
- 20 g finely grated Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika, optional
- Preheat your oven to 200C/fan 180C.
- Grease and line a couple of baking trays.
- Simply mix together all the ingredients together in a bowl or place in a food processor and process until the dough comes together.
- Dust a work surface with flour, then roll out the orange dough and cut out your shapes.
- Place on the baking trays and bake for 8-10 minutes or until puffy and golden. Remove from the oven and transfer the biscuits to a wire rack to cool.
Obviously the amount of biscuits you will end up with will depend on the size of cutter you use. I used a small 3cm star cutter and got about 40 biscuits.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 40 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 19Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Calories and Nutrition have been calculated by Nutritionix and is intended as a rough guide only.