Chewy chocolate cookies stuffed with chocolate chips and bashed Maltesers, these double chocolate Malteser cookies are THE ultimate cookie for any Malteser fan!
Have you ever met anyone who doesn’t like Maltesers? I know I haven’t. It’s no wonder – they are extremely addictive.
I’ve been playing around with this recipe for 2 years. Yes, it’s taken me that long to get around to sharing it with you.
You see, I thought if I’m going to the bother of sacrificing my beloved Maltesers in a cookie, it has to be worth it.
I’m sad to say that a lot of Maltesers went to waste in sub standard cookies. It’s not something I’m proud of.
But finally, I firmly believe that these most certainly are not a waste of Maltesers.
These cookies are a real treat – you get a double chocolate hit with cocoa powder and a generous amount of chocolate chips.
The Maltesers add a lovely malty crunch to the cookies which is really hard to resist.
These cookies are at their very best fresh from the oven, when they are still a little warm.
The combination of the gooey chocolate and the crunchy Maltesers is pretty amazing!
how long Do these cookies Keep for?
The cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days. The Maltesers will start to lose their crunch and soften after day 2. That’s if there is any left by then….
They can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
If you wanted to turn these cookies into a pudding, I can highly recommend making ice cream cookie sandwiches – either vanilla or even better, Malteser ice cream! Now that would be incredible.
Love Maltesers? Try this no bake Malteser slice!
want to see more cookie recipes?
- 250 g Plain Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 50 g Malted Milk Powder
- 40 g Cocoa Powder
- 150 g Soft Butter
- 125 g Granulated Sugar
- 75 g Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 150 g Dark or Milk Chocolate Chips
- 100 g Bag of Maltesers, bashed into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160Fan/350F. Grease and Line and couple of baking sheets.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, malted milk powder and cocoa powder.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth and well combined. Don’t beat the living daylights out of it – you don’t need it light and fluffy!
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and stop mixing when the batter is smooth and no pockets of flour remain. Fold in the chocolate chips and crushed Malteser pieces.
- Roll tablespoons of dough and place on the lined baking sheets, leaving about 3-4cm between each one. Bake for 5 minutes, then remove the tray from the oven and sharply “bang” the tray a few times on a hard surface to slightly deflate the cookies. Return to the oven and bake for a further 6-8 minutes.
- The cookies will still be quite soft in the middle, so leave them on the baking sheets for a few minutes to firm up before transferring to a wire rack.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 286Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 44mgSodium 134mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 2gSugar 23gProtein 4g