This No Bake Chocolate Orange Traybake is stuffed full of biscuits, orange Matchmakers and Terry’s chocolate orange!
It’s an incredibly easy to make chocolate biscuit cake that you can made ahead of time – great for bake sales, parties or a weekend treat!
If you ever need to rustle something sweet up at very short notice, a no bake fridge cake is just what you need.
Need to make something for a bake sale you heard nothing about until the night before?
Organising a Birthday party and need a recipe that’s fuss free and easy?
That’s when easy, no bake recipes like this chocolate orange fridge cake come in very handy. All you need to do is crush up some biscuits, melt chocolate and butter together, stir it together then pop it in the fridge to set.
I often make this a few days before I actually need it – it sits quite happily in the fridge for several days. However if my hungry teens end up finding it, then it’s game over!
Chocolate biscuit cake is also Prince William’s favourite – and I must say he has excellent taste!
This is ADDICTIVE stuff.
how to make no bake chocolate orange traybake
First of all, melt milk or dark chocolate, butter and golden syrup together in a large saucepan.
when all of the chocolate has completely melted, stir in broken digestive biscuits, a box of Orange Matchmakers and a chopped up Terry’s chocolate orange (keep a few Matchmakers and chocolate orange segments back for decorating the top)
Press into a 22x22cm square tin and place in the fridge. Melt 200g milk chocolate and pour over the top of the traybake, tilting the pan edges so you get a nice even covering.
Decorate with the remaining matchmakers and chocolate orange. Place in the fridge for 2 hours or until firm.
When I first created this recipe I used orange Aero, but it seems to have disappeared from the face of the earth! However, if you can manage to get hold of some feel free to use that instead of the matchmakers if you like.
want to see more easy no bake recipes? Check these out….
Pin this no bake chocolate orange traybake for later…
I shared this traybake with the following link ups:
A Mummy Too for Recipe of the week
#CookBlogShare hosted this week by Jacqui of Recipes made easy
We should cocoa, hosted by Choclette at Tin and Thyme
- 125 g Butter
- 300 g Milk chocolate OR 150g EACH of Milk and Dark Chocolate
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 300 g Rich Tea or Digestive Biscuits
- 1 box of Orange Matchmakers
- 125 g Terry's mini chocolate orange OR one Terry's Chocolate orange, chopped (keep a few pieces whole to decorate the top of the traybake)
- Grease and line a 22x22cm square tin.
- Place the chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a large pan and melt over a low heat, stirring occasionally. When the mixture has melted and is smooth, remove from the heat and pour in the crushed biscuits, orange matchmakers and Terry’s chocolate orange pieces. Stir together then quickly tip out into the lined tin, smoothing it out with a spatula. Place in the fridge while you make the topping.
- Melt the 100g chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Pour the melted chocolate over the top of the traybake and using a spatula, coax the chocolate into the corners, trying to get an even covering. Top with chocolate orange segments and Matchmakers.
- Place in the fridge to set for a minimum of 2 hours before cutting into bars.
Nutrition InformationYield 14 Serving Size 14 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 361Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 27mgSodium 193mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 2gSugar 25gProtein 4g