This Halloween rocky road is very easy to make and perfect for spooky Halloween themed party or for trick or treaters!
I have always been a big fan of Halloween. Horror movies, scary stories and anything creepy is generally my thing. Except for spiders. I hate spiders (visibly shudders at the thought of them!)
When my boys were younger I used to love taking them out trick or treating – or “guising” as we call it in Scotland. I used to look forward to it as much as Christmas.
Now my boys are in their teenage years, they are way too cool to celebrate Halloween with their Mum (and my little man is just a bit too little to appreciate it right now), but that doesn’t mean to say I can’t and won’t join in the festivities by making a few spooky themed treats. I happily admit it, I’m a big kid ?
Just like my spooky spider cookies, (yes I know I said I hate spiders but look at how cute those cookies are!) this Halloween rocky road is very quick and easy to put together – it’s ideal if you don’t have much time on your hands.
I used jelly (gummy) worms, skeleton faces, candy eyes and some cute “wizard” sprinkles I found in Lakeland to decorate my rocky road, but feel free to use whatever Halloween sweets you can find.
If you make this, don’t forget to take a picture and tag me on Instagram or Facebook. I would love to see your spooky creations!
Pin this Halloween rocky road for later….
Halloween Rocky Road
- 350 g milk chocolate or 150g each milk and dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 125 g butter
- 200 g digestive or rich tea biscuits
- 100 g mini marshallows
- 50 g green cherries
- For the topping:
- 150 g milk chocolate
- Selection of Halloween sprinkles edible eyes, skull sweets and gummy worms
- Grease and line a 22cm square tin.
- Melt the chocolate, golden syrup and butter together in a large pan over a low heat. Take off the heat once melted and stir until smoooth.
- Tip in the crushed biscuits, marshmallows and cherries and stir quickly to mix.
- Pour this mixture into the lined tin. Pour the melted chocolate over the top and top with your choice of Halloween candy and sprinkles. Place in the fridge for about 2 hours or until set before cutting into squares.