This delicious no bake Terry’s chocolate orange cheesecake couldn’t be simpler to make – the hardest part is waiting for it to set so you can dive in!
I originally posted this no bake Terry’s chocolate orange cheesecake on the 1st December 2015. You might have noticed lately that I’ve been updating a few of my old posts with new photographs to give them a fresh new look. The reason I’m doing this is because I have lots of great recipes that I haven’t been promoting because the photos are terrible!
tips and tricks….
This no bake cheesecake is a very handy recipe to have up your sleeve because it’s quick and hassle free to make and you can prepare it a day or two in advance – just wrap a layer of cling film over the cheesecake and pop it in the fridge to chill until you need it.
Whatever do you, please don’t use low fat cream cheese for this recipe. It simply doesn’t work. I’m not usually loyal to brands, but Philadelphia is by the far the best for no bake cheesecakes. I’ve tried supermarket versions in the past, but I always go back to good old Philly!
Make sure to whip the cream cheese well before adding the cream for the smoothest textured cheesecake.
I wouldn’t decorate it until the day you are planning to eat it, but that doesn’t take longer than 5 or 10 minutes. If you don’t like chocolate orange, no worries. You can simply omit the orange zest and use whatever chocolate bar you like – it’s gorgeous with Mars Bars, Snickers, Galaxy or Bounty bars to name a few – use your favourite chocolate and make the recipe your own!
If you have a browse around my blog you might be forgiven for thinking that I have a thing for chocolate orange…and you would be correct!
Look deeper into the archives and you may just find a few more chocolate orange inspired recipes that are serious need of updating!
want to check out More no bake recipes?
Decorated with softly whipped cream, Terry’s chocolate orange segments and sprinkles of your choice will turn this delicious cheesecake into a showstopper of a dessert!
Pin me for later….
I’m sharing this post with the following blog link ups:
Baking Crumbs hosted by Jo’s Kitchen Larder
This chocolate orange cheesecake was originally posted 1st December, 2015. Updated 6th September 2018 with new photographs and text.
Terry's chocolate orange cheesecake
- 150 g butter
- 300 g chocolate digestives crushed to fine crumbs
- 500 g full fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75 g icing sugar
- Finely grated zest of one large orange
- 200 ml double cream
- 1 Terry's Chocolate Orange, chopped into small pieces
For the topping and decoration:
- 150 ml Double Cream
- 1 Terrys chocolate orange
- Melted chocolate and/or sprinkles of your choice/orange zest for decoration optional
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and tip in the crushed biscuits. Stir until the biscuits are completely coated in butter and resemble damp sand.
- Tip into a 20cm loose bottomed cake tin and press down evenly. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and beat until smooth and lump free. Stir in the vanilla, icing sugar and orange zest.
In a separate bowl, lightly whip the double cream to very soft peaks. Fold the cream into the cream cheese mixture. Chop one of the chocolate oranges into small pieces and fold into the cheesecake mixture.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the biscuit base. Pop back in the fridge to set for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- The last time I made this I only lasted 3 hours before cutting...needless to say it wasn't set properly! It was still delicious but a little runny. Ideally you need to leave it in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
- When the cheesecake is set and you are ready to serve it, decorate with the reserved chocolate orange segments, melted chocolate or any sprinkles that take your fancy!