This easy, no bake White Twix Rocky Road with shortbread chunks, white chocolate, marshmallows and white Twix pieces is the perfect sweet treat for Twix bar fans!
Have you noticed the white Twix bars in the shops recently? As far as I’m aware they’ve been available in America for a long time, but they’ve only just hit U.K shores.
I wasn’t sure about them at first. I’m always a bit wary of any new variations of chocolate bars because so many of them have been pretty disappointing. I wasn’t convinced white chocolate would work in a Twix bar, but they are actually pretty good!
The white chocolate really works against the crunchy biscuit and smooth, sweet caramel.
I have a few no bake recipes on here, but up until now I didn’t have a proper rocky road bar recipe. So I decided to take some white Twix bars and turn them into rocky road with shortbread chunks and mini marshmallows! Why not??
Ingredients you’ll need to make white Twix Rocky road
Pink and White Mini Marshmallows
5 White chocolate Twix, chopped into bite sized pieces
First of all, melt the 125g butter, 300g white chocolate and 2 tbsp of golden syrup together in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Don’t let the base of the pan touch the water.
When the chocolate mixture has melted and is smooth, set aside for a couple of minutes before stirring in the mini marshmallows, shortbread chunks and chopped Twix bars.
Pour this into a lined 20x20cm square baking tin. Smooth the top and place in the fridge while you melt 150g of white chocolate for the topping.
Retrieve the rocky road from the fridge and pour over the melted chocolate. Decorate with chopped Twix bars and pop back in the fridge for about 2 hours or until firm enough to cut into slices.
how long does rocky road keep?
The rocky road will keep well for up to 7 days in an airtight container. I prefer to keep it chilled. It can also be frozen for up to two months.
Add 50g dried cranberries to the rocky road for a fruity twist that will add a nice contrast to the creamy sweetness. Glace cherries would work very well too.
want to see more easy no bake recipes? Check these out…
Did you make this recipe? Let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment below and giving the recipe a star rating.
pin this recipe for later…
- 300g White Chocolate
- 125g Soft Butter
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 200g all butter shortbread fingers, chopped into small pieces (a mixture of small and larger chunks is ideal)
- 100g mini pink and white marshmallows
- 4 White Twix bars, chopped into bite sized pieces
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 150g White Chocolate
- 1 White Twix bar, chopped into bite sized pieces
- Grease and line a 20x20 square baking tin.
- Melt the white chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a medium heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. White chocolate burns very easily, so make sure the water isn't boiling.
- When the chocolate mixture has melted and is smooth, remove from the pan of simmering water and set aside for a couple of minutes before stirring in the shortbread chunks, mini marshmallows and chopped Twix bars. Using a spatula, smooth the top of the rocky road out as best as you can, but don't worry too much about it. Place the tin in the fridge while you get on with melting the chocolate for the topping.
- Melt the 150g white chocolate in a heatproof bolw set over a pan of barely simmering water. When the chocolate has melted, remove the rocky road from the fridge and pour the chocolate all over the traybake, tilting the edges of the pan so the rocky road has an even covering of chocolate. Decorate with chopped Twix bar pieces before popping back into the fridge to set for about 2 hours. When the rocky road has set, cut into bars using a sharp knife.
Please note the rocky road will take up to two hours to set in the fridge.
You could add a fruity twist to this rocky road by adding chopped glace or dried cherries, sultanas or cranberries.
Nutrition InformationYield 14 Serving Size 14
Amount Per ServingCalories 400 Total Fat 31g Saturated Fat 19g Trans Fat 1g Unsaturated Fat 9g Cholesterol 57mg Sodium 199mg Carbohydrates 31g Fiber 0g Sugar 27g Protein 3g