These strawberry and white chocolate muffins are bursting with fresh, juicy chopped strawberries and creamy white chocolate chips! They make the perfect sweet treat at any time of the day.
While I’m a firm believer that strawberries are at their very best eaten just as they are, perhaps with just a trickling of cream or a scoop of ice cream, I really do love them in these muffins.
The berries go almost jammy and they marry in sweet harmony with the creamy white chocolate.
It’s a match made in heaven!
How to make perfect strawberry and white chocolate muffins
Want to know the secret to making perfect soft and fluffy muffins?
A generous amount of full fat sour cream adds extra moisture to the batter, resulting in an extremely tender crumb.
Just like most muffin recipes, they really take no time at all to put together. They are the perfect thing to make if you’re short on time but you promised to bake something for your kids bake sale, or if you have friends coming over.
Ingredients you’ll need….
a little salt to bring out the flavours
3 Large eggs
vanila extract or vanilla bean paste
full fat sour cream
fresh strawberries, chopped into small pieces
white chocolate chips or chunks
To start with, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl to aerate the ingredients.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Whisk the eggs, vanilla extract or bean paste and sour cream in a measuring jug.
Pour the wet ingredients on top of the flour mixture. Quickly stir to combine, keeping in mind that you don’t need to over mix – a lumpy batter means soft muffins!
Stir in the strawberries and white chocolate chips.
Spoon the batter into a muffin pan lined with muffin liners.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the muffins are well risen, golden on top and smelling amazing.
how long do the muffins keep for?
Like all muffins, they are best eaten on the day of baking. Any leftovers will keep in an airtight container for up two days. You can also freeze the muffins for up to five months.
Substitute two chopped fresh peaches for the strawberries to make peach white chocolate muffins
If you don’t have sour cream, Greek yoghurt will also work.
Depending on the size of your muffin tin, you may well have enough batter leftover to make a mini cake. The cake tin I used to make this cute little strawberry and white chocolate loaf measures 14x8x9cm.
Want to see more muffin recipes? Check these out..
More strawberry baking inspiration….
pin this recipe for later….
Did you make these strawberry and white chocolate muffins? let me know what you thought by leaving a comment and don’t forget to leave a star rating.
- 175g butter, melted
- 180g granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 240ml sour cream
- 320g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 200g fresh strawberries, chopped into small pieces
- 150g white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a couple of muffin tins with liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and salt.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool a little.
- In a large jug, whisk together the sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and sour cream. Whisk in the cooled melted butter. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and quickly fold together. Lightly fold in the chopped strawberries and white chocolate.
- Spoon into the muffin liners, filling them about 2/3 thirds full., Sprinkle with more white chocolate chips and bake for around 25 minutes or until golden and risen.
Instead of strawberries, add chopped fresh peaches.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 290 Total Fat 16g Saturated Fat 9g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 68mg Sodium 194mg Carbohydrates 34g Fiber 1g Sugar 18g Protein 4g