These strawberry and white chocolate muffins are bursting with fresh, juicy chopped strawberries and creamy white chocolate chips! They make the perfect sweet treat at any time of the day.
While I’m a firm believer that strawberries are at their very best eaten just as they are, perhaps in a classic Eton Mess dessert or with just a trickling of cream or a scoop of ice cream, I really do love them in these muffins.
The berries go almost jammy and they marry in sweet harmony with the creamy white chocolate. It’s a match made in heaven!
How to make perfect strawberry and white chocolate muffins
Want to know the secret to making perfect soft and fluffy muffins?
A generous amount of full fat sour cream adds extra moisture to the batter, resulting in an extremely tender crumb.
Just like most muffin recipes, they really take no time at all to put together. They are the perfect thing to make if you’re short on time but you promised to bake something for your kids bake sale, or if you have friends coming over.
It takes no more than 10 minutes to make the batter and about 25 minutes to bake – making these muffins a perfect quick and easy treat.
how long do the muffins keep for?
Like all muffins, they are best eaten on the day of baking – ideally slightly warm! Any leftovers will keep in an airtight container for up two days.
can you freeze these strawberry muffins?
Yes! You can freeze the muffins for up to five months.
can i use frozen strawberries to make these muffins?
I’m afraid I wouldn’t recommend using frozen strawberries – they would release far too much water and ruin the muffins. For the best results, stick to fresh strawberries.
Substitute two chopped fresh peaches for the strawberries to make peach white chocolate muffins
If you don’t have sour cream, Greek yoghurt will also work.
Depending on the size of your muffin tin, you may well have enough batter leftover to make a mini cake. The cake tin I used to make this cute little strawberry and white chocolate loaf measures 14x8x9cm.
Want to see more muffin recipes? Check these out..
More strawberry desserts to try
pin this recipe for later….
did you make this recipe?
I really hope you loved it! Let me know what you thought of the recipe by leaving a comment below. Don’t forget to rate the recipe by clicking on the stars in the recipe card below. Thank you!
If you want to share a photo of your bakes with me, tag me on Instagram #sweetsavouryblog and I’ll share them on my stories!
- 175g butter, melted
- 180g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 240ml sour cream
- 320g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 200g fresh strawberries, chopped into small pieces
- 150g white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a couple of muffin tins with liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and salt.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool a little.
- In a large jug, whisk together the sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and sour cream. Whisk in the cooled melted butter. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and quickly fold together. Lightly fold in the chopped strawberries and white chocolate.
- Spoon into the muffin liners, filling them about 2/3 thirds full., Sprinkle with more white chocolate chips and bake for around 25 minutes or until golden and risen.
Instead of strawberries, add chopped fresh peaches.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 194mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 4g