Do you like Ferrero Rocher Chocolates and Nutella? Who doesn’t I hear you say? Well do I have the perfect recipe for you! Those Ferrero Rocher Blondies are simply irresistible!
What is a blondie?
A blondie is basically a butterscotch version of a brownie. Think of them as the blonde, cute sister to the dark and sultry brownie.
The predominant flavours in a blondie are vanilla and brown sugar. They are super adaptable – you can add coconut, dried cherries, chocolate chips, or caramel to name just a few ideas.
I’ve added the classic Ferrero Rocher chocolates and a handful of chopped hazelnuts to my go to blondie base.
I felt the urge to take things a step further by drizzling them with a Nutella glaze…I mean why wouldn’t you??
The textures in these blondies are really something else. You get the soft, gooey blondie base, crunchy hazelnut, crispy wafer and the unmistakable taste of Nutella. They are heavenly!
Ingredients you’ll need to make Ferrero Rocher Blondies
(Ingredient amounts and detailed instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post)
- Soft butter
- Soft light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- Plain flour
- Baking powder
- Hazelnuts (for crunch, but you can omit these if you want)
- Milk chocolate chunks (I like to buy a bar and chop it into chunks rather than the baking chunks you can buy in packets)
- Ferrero Rocher Chocolates
- Nutella, double (heavy) cream and golden (corn) syrup for the glaze
How long will the blondies keep for?
They will keep in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Any leftover Nutella glaze will keep for up to 5 days in the fridge. The glaze is also delicious poured over ice cream, waffles, pancakes or banana cake! Simply reheat gently before serving (you might need to add a little more cream to loosen it up
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY BLONDIE/BROWNIE RECIPES?
Pin this Ferrero Rocher blondie recipe for later….
Soft, buttery vanilla blondies with milk chocolate chunks, chopped hazelnuts and a Ferrero Rocher Chocolate!
- 250 g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 170 g soft butter
- 270 g soft light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanila extract
- 150 g milk chocolate, chopped into chunks
- 120 g hazelnuts
- 5 Ferrero Rocher chocolates, cut in half , Or 10 if you want to leave them whole!
FOR THE NUTELLA GLAZE
- 50 g Nutella
- 1 tsp Golden Syrup
- 2 tbsp Double (Heavy) Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160F. Line the bottom and sides of a 20x20cm baking tin with baking parchment.
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and whisk together until blended.
- Cream the butter and sugar together for a few minutes until creamy. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Continue to beat the mixture for one minute, scraping down the side of the bowl with a spatula.
- Stir in the flour mixture, then stir in the chopped chocolate and hazelnuts.
- The batter will be quite thick. Scrape the batter into the tin, level the surface and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the Ferrero Rocher on the top of the blondies, making sure that each blondie will have a chocolate in the middle. Scatter with the remaining hazelnuts and return to the oven. Bake for a further 15-20 minutes until the top is golden brown and the sides of the blondie are starting to come away from the tin.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for about 2 hours before cutting into bars.
For the Nutella Glaze:
- Place the Nutella, golden syrup and cream in a small saucepan and heat gently while stirring. When the mixture is smooth, pour into a jug. Pour this heavenly glaze over the blondies just before serving.
For an indulgent dessert, serve the blondies and the Nutella glaze with some vanilla ice cream!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 560Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 316mgCarbohydrates: 63gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 3gSugar: 40gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 8g