These Mint Oreo Brownies are rich, fudgy and are filled with Cadbury mint Oreo chocolate and topped with a whole Oreo cookie!
If you like mint chocolate and Oreos, you’re going to love these mint Oreo brownies!
I’m a massive mint chocolate fan. Mint Oreo cookies have been available over here for a while now, but as they were imported from America they were very pricey. As much as I wanted to try them, I just can’t bring myself to pay £6 for a packet of biscuits. I just can’t do it. But now they are available over here for a much more reasonable price so I stocked up!
Can I just make a suggestion? Try these brownies with a scoop of mint choc chip ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Want to see more brownie and bar recipes?
- 125g Plain Flour
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 200g Soft Butter
- 200g Dark Chocolate, broken into squares
- 280g Caster Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 1 Tsp Peppermint Extract (depending on how minty you want the brownies to be!)
- 1 100G bar of Cadbury mint Oreo Chcolate
- 1 packet of mint Oreo cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160Fan/350F. Grease and line a 23cm square baking tin with parchment.
- Place the plain flour, cocoa powder and salt in a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Melt the butter slowly in a medium sized saucepan pan and once melted, turn off the heat and add the chocolate, stirring occasionally to melt.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until very light, pale and doubled in volume. Fold in the peppermint extract, flour and cocoa powder.
- Pour half of the brownie mixture into the lined tin, then place the mint Oreo chocolate along the brownie batter in rows. Place the remaining brownie batter on top, trying not to move the chocolate pieces. Place the Oreo cookies on top of the brownie. You can break the Oreos into pieces or leave them whole. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is starting to crisp and the edges have set.
- Leave the brownies in the tin to go completely cold before cutting into squares.