These Mint Oreo Brownies are rich, fudgy and are filled with Cadbury mint Oreo chocolate and topped with a whole Oreo cookie!
If you like mint chocolate and Oreos, you’re going to love these mint Oreo brownies!
I’m a massive mint chocolate fan. Mint Oreo cookies have been available over here for a while now, but as they were imported from America they were very pricey.
As much as I wanted to try them, I just can’t bring myself to pay £6 for a packet of biscuits. I’m your typical frugal Scottish lassie – I just can’t do it! But now they are available over here for a much more reasonable price, so I stocked up!
Mint oreo brownies
If you aren’t a fan of mint chocolate, obviously you can just use regular Oreos instead and swap the peppermint extract for vanilla extract.
If you love baking with Oreos, I’m sure you’ll also love this epic Slutty brownie recipe!
more brownie recipes
I have lots of different brownie flavours to try – see my recipes for M&M Brownies, Guinness Brownies with Baileys salted caramel glaze, Raspberry and White Chocolate Brownies, Cherry Brandy and Pecan Brownies, Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies and Cadbury Caramel Egg Brownies and Terry’s Chocolate Orange Brownies!
PIN these oreo brownies FOR LATER
did you make this recipe?
I hope you loved it! Let me know what you thought by leaving a comment below – and rate the recipe by clicking on the stars in the recipe card.
- 125g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 200g soft butter
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into small squares
- 300g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2-1 teaspoon peppermint extract (depending on how minty you want the brownies to be!)
- 1 100g bar of Cadbury mint oreo chocolate, broken into squares
- 1 packet of mint (or regular!) oreo cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160Fan/350F. Grease and line a 23cm square baking tin with baking parchment.
- Place the plain flour, cocoa powder and salt in a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- Melt the butter slowly in a medium sized saucepan pan and once melted, turn off the heat and add the chocolate and peppermint extract, stirring occasionally to melt. Once the mixture has completely melted, remove from the heat and set aside to cool down slightly.
- Whisk the eggs and caster sugar together until very light, pale and doubled in volume. This is the crucial stage for getting that perfect fudgy brownie texture! Fold in the melted chocolate and butter, followed by the flour mixture.
- Pour half of the brownie mixture into the lined tin, then place the mint Oreo chocolate along the brownie batter in rows. Place the remaining brownie batter on top, trying not to move the chocolate pieces. Place the Oreo cookies on top of the brownie. You can break the Oreos into pieces or leave them whole. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is starting to crisp and the edges have set.
- Leave the brownies in the tin to go completely cold before cutting into squares. I often leave brownies in the fridge overnight before slicing them.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 185mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 29gProtein: 4g
Calories and nutritional information are provided by a third party application and should be viewed as indicative figures only.