Cadbury caramel egg brownies – gooey, rich chocolate brownies with a Cadbury caramel egg centre! The ultimate Easter sweet treat for caramel lovers!
Who agrees with me that Cadbury caramel eggs are absolutely delicious? I actually prefer them to Creme eggs. I know the die hard Creme egg fans won’t agree, but I would choose caramel over fondant filling every single time.
On a side note, does anyone else remember mint creme eggs? I’m positive they were a thing for a while in the late 80’s/early 90’s. Or did I dream them up? If anyone can remember them, please leave a comment and let me know so I know they aren’t a figment of my imagination!
A few years ago I posted a recipe for Cadbury Creme egg brownies and it’s one of the most popular posts of all time on here. So I couldn’t resist trying a caramel egg version.
I like them better.
I’m going to go against my usual brownie advice of leaving them overnight in the fridge before cutting.
I mean you can do that if you want to by all means, but these brownies are at their absolute best still slightly warm from the oven. The centre is slightly molten and the caramel is warm and gooey…need I say anymore? Apart from ice cream. You can thank me (or curse me) later.
LookING for more easter Bakes?
Pin these Cadbury caramel egg brownies for later
If you make this recipe, please let me know how you got on! Leave a comment below and I would love to see a picture! Tag me on Instagram – #somethingsweetsomethingsavoury or let me know on my Facebook page
#CookBlogShare hosted this week by Jacqui at Recipes made easy
#WeShouldCocoa the monthly blogging link up hosted by Choclette at Tin and Thyme
- 180 g butter
- 180 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 280 g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 100 g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 Cadbury caramel eggs, cut in half (I find using a serrated knife works best. You actually need 5 eggs, but you know, you're probably going to ruin a couple while cutting them and then you'll have no choice but to eat them. That's what happened to me, so I'm just pre-warning you!)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160/gas mark 4. Grease and line a 22cm square cake or brownie tin.
- In a large bowl set over a pan of simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Once melted and smooth, remove from the heat and set aside. Using an electric whisk, beat the sugar and eggs together until the mixture is pale and thick.
- Gently fold in the melted chocolate. Carefully fold in the cocoa powder, flour and salt.
- Pour this mixture into the tin and smooth the top.
- Place the halved caramel eggs on top. Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the brownie has set around the edges.
- The brownie should have a slight wobble in the centre.
- Leave to cool for about an hour before diving in, or if you want neat brownie squares, leave for a good few hours before cutting.
- But if you don't want to wait to do that then hey, I won't judge!
Nutrition InformationYield 9 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 513Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 127mgSodium 308mgCarbohydrates 68gFiber 3gSugar 54gProtein 6g
Calories and Nutrition information are provided by a third party application and are to be used as indicative figures only.