Easter will soon be here (yay!) and all the chocolate and treats in the shops have inspired me to come up with some new Easter recipes.
One of my most popular posts of all time is my Creme egg brownie recipe. This is the cookie version of that recipe – soft and fudgy brownie cookies, topped with a rich chocolate ganache and a mini Creme egg.
In other words, a chocoholics dream!
These Creme egg brownie cookies are very rich and delicious – if you’re a chocolate fan you’ll love them!
My taste testers (AKA my family) have given these a big thumbs up and I really hope you love them too!
Pin me for later…
Creme egg chocolate brownie cookies
- 40 g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 80 g granulated sugar
- 60 g soft light brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 40 g butter
- 225 g dark chocolate chopped into small pieces or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate ganache
- 120 ml double cream
- 120 g dark chocolate chopped (or chips)
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a bowl of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat and fold into the whisked egg mixture. Stir in the vanilla extract. Using a metal spoon, lightly fold in the flour.
- Spoon heaped tablespoons of cookie dough onto your baking trays. Bake for 10-12 minutes. When ready the cookies will have a cracked appearance and will still be quite soft in the middle. Remove from the oven and leave on the tray for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan. Before the cream comes to boiling point, remove from the heat and immediately add the chocolate. Leave for a few minutes to allow the chocolate to melt, then stir with a spatula until smooth and glossy. Leave for about 15 minutes to cool and thicken slightly before using.
More Easter bakes and treats:
Creme egg chocolate bundt cake
No bake chocolate Easter fridge cake
Mini egg cookies/mini egg tiffin
Creme egg cupcakes
White chocolate mini egg rocky road
I’m sharing this post with #bakingcrumbs, a blogging link up which is hosted by Only Crumbs Remain
Recipe of the week at A Mummy Too