Soft and fudgy chocolate brownie cookies, topped with a rich chocolate ganache and a mini Creme egg!
Easter will soon be here and all the chocolate and treats in the shops have inspired me to come up with some new Easter recipes.
One of my most popular posts of all time is my Cadbury Creme egg brownie recipe. This is the cookie version of that recipe.
These crackly topped brownie cookies are crisp on the outside and fudgy in the middle – just like a proper brownie. They are topped with a rich, shiny chocolate ganache and a mini Creme egg. Over the top? Maybe. But it is Easter after all!
My taste testers (AKA my family) have given these a big thumbs up and I really hope you love them too!
More Easter bakes and treats:
Pin me for later…
I’m sharing this post with #bakingcrumbs, a blogging link up which is hosted by Only Crumbs Remain
Recipe of the week at A Mummy Too
Creme egg chocolate brownie cookies
- 40 g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 80 g granulated sugar
- 60 g soft light brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 40 g butter
- 225 g dark chocolate chopped into small pieces or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate ganache
- 120 ml double cream
- 120 g dark chocolate chopped (or chips)
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a bowl of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat and fold into the whisked egg mixture. Stir in the vanilla extract. Using a metal spoon, lightly fold in the flour.
- Spoon heaped tablespoons of cookie dough onto your baking trays. Bake for 10-12 minutes. When ready the cookies will have a cracked appearance and will still be quite soft in the middle. Remove from the oven and leave on the tray for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan. Before the cream comes to boiling point, remove from the heat and immediately add the chocolate. Leave for a few minutes to allow the chocolate to melt, then stir with a spatula until smooth and glossy. Leave for about 15 minutes to cool and thicken slightly before using.