A giant vanilla cookie cake filled with milk chocolate chunks and Galaxy golden eggs!
I seem to be on some kind of Easter baking craze. Am I going to stop any time in the next week? Probably not!
I blame all the Easter sweets that are in every shop right now. Most of make brilliant cake decorations – I mean, how cute are malteser bunnies? They are just perfect for decorating cakes, cookies, traybakes and much more.
My new favourite Easter chocolate is the Galaxy golden eggs – not only do they look stunning, they taste amazing!
I first made a giant chocolate mini egg cookie cake two years ago. I had every intention of posting the recipe, but that kind of went on the backburner. So this recipe has been a pretty long time coming!
As much as I love the mini egg version of the giant cookie cake, I really wanted to try a Galaxy egg version and I was not disappointed!
The cookie is crispy around the edges and soft in the middle. The golden eggs melt into the cookie slightly and the chocolate goes deliciously gooey. So so good.
I had some chocolate buttercream in the freezer leftover from my son’s Birthday cake, so I used it to decorate the cookie. I thought it finished it off quite nicely!
If you try this recipe, share a picture on my Facebook or Instagram! Tag me #somethingsweetsomethingsavoury
Giant chocolate chunk cookie cake with Galaxy golden eggs
- 180 g soft butter
- 200 g soft light brown sugar
- One egg and one egg yolk beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g self raising flour
- 2 tsp cornflour
- tsp baking powder
- 100 g Bar milk chocolate chopped into chunks
- One packet Galaxy golden eggs you can use mini eggs if you prefer
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180fan/gas mark 6. Grease and base line a 22 or 23cm cake tin.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl until very soft and light. Beat in the egg, egg yolk and vanilla until smooth.
- Combine the flour, cornflour and baking powder together and fold into the butter mixture. You should have a fairly thick cookie dough. Add the chocolate chunks.
- Spoon the cookie dough into the tin, smooth the top and place the golden eggs on the top, pressing them down slightly. Place the tin on a baking tray and bake for about 25 minutes or until the edges are set and the cookie cake is a light golden brown. It will still be pretty soft in the middle, but will firm up a little on cooling.