Dark, fudgy chocolate brownies with chunks of Terry’s chocolate orange – a chocolate orange lover’s idea of heaven!
I love Christmas baking. These Terry’s chocolate orange brownies fall under the festive baking category because there is no other chocolate that screams “IT’S CHRISTMAS” to me more than a Terry’s chocolate orange.
Ok, I know there are available all year round now, but I still regard them as a Christmas sweet. Finding one in the bottom of my stocking on Christmas morning was a major treat and usually ended up being breakfast.
My no Bake Terry’s chocolate orange traybake and Terry’s chocolate orange cheesecake have been extremely popular with you all, so it seems that I’m certainly not alone in my love of chocolate orange. I thought it would only be right to come up with a brand new recipe, so here is my Terry’s chocolate orange brownies!
My recipe uses both orange zest and orange extract to ramp up the chocolate orange flavour, but if you don’t have orange extract don’t worry – the brownies will still work fine without it. In this case you could just add 1 more teaspoon of vanilla extract.
If you want to you could simply use another Terry’s chocolate orange for the decoration instead of the mini segments – I love the popping candy ones you usually find in the shops this time of year but I’ll leave that decision up to you!
I really hope you enjoy these brownies – a few of these in a pretty festive box tied up with a fancy ribbon would make a lovely little Christmas gift for a loved one…just putting that idea out there!
More brownie recipes…
Pin this recipe for later…
- 225 g soft butter
- 225 g dark chocolate
- 4 large eggs
- 300 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange extract
- Grated zest of one large orange
- Pinch of salt
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 125 g plain flour
- 1 milk or dark Terry's chocolate orange, broken into pieces
- 1 bag of Terry's mini chocolate orange, for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160Fan/350F.
- Grease a 22cm square tin and line with a piece of baking parchment, making sure it comes a couple of inches above the top so you can easily lift the brownies from the pan when baked.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a large saucepan and melt over a low heat. Take off the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until pale and thick, then add the melted butter/ chocolate mixture, vanilla extract, orange extract and salt. Stir until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Fold in the cocoa powder, flour and chocolate orange chunks.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and place the mini chocolate orange segments on the top of the batter. Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Leave to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Nutrition InformationYield 14 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 395Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 91mgSodium 150mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 2gSugar 35gProtein 5g