These Terry’s chocolate orange brownies are a chocolate orange lover’s idea of heaven!
Hello! How are you doing? Are you also in denial that’s it’s the 1st December tomorrow? I’m feeling kind of torn – there’s a big part of me that’s hugely excited (honestly – I practically turn into Buddy the elf for the whole of December) but there’s another part of me slightly panicking because I’m not even half finished my Christmas shopping and there is SO MUCH STUFF to do.
I know it will all come together in the end – it always does. I will get through the December mayhem the same way I always do – with copious amounts of mulled wine and lots of baked goods!
I love Christmas baking. These Terry’s chocolate orange brownies fall under the festive baking category because there is no other chocolate that screams “IT’S CHRISTMAS” to me more than a Terry’s chocolate orange. Ok, I know there are available all year round now, but I still regard them as a Christmas sweet. Finding one in the bottom of my stocking on Christmas morning was a major treat and usually ended up being breakfast.
My no Bake Terry’s chocolate orange traybake and Terry’s chocolate orange cheesecake have been extremely popular with you all, so it seems that I’m certainly not alone in my love of chocolate orange. I thought it would only be right to come up with a brand new recipe, so here is my Terry’s chocolate orange brownies!
My recipe uses both orange zest and orange extract to ramp up the chocolate orange flavour, but if you don’t have orange extract don’t worry – the brownies will still work fine without it. In this case you could just add 1 more teaspoon of vanilla extract.
If you want to you could simply use another Terry’s chocolate orange for the decoration instead of the mini segments – I love the popping candy ones you usually find in the shops this time of year but I’ll leave that decision up to you!
I really hope you enjoy these brownies – a few of these in a pretty festive box tied up with a fancy ribbon would make a lovely little Christmas gift for a loved one…just putting that idea out there…?
If you make these brownies, be sure to tag me #somethingsweetsomethingsavoury on Instagram – and if you have any questions, please leave a comment below or contact me via my Facebook page.
I’m sharing this recipe with #CookBlogShare, hosted this week by Recipes Made Easy.
I’m also sharing these brownies with January’s #BakingCrumbs link up, hosted this month by Jenny at Apply To Face blog.
Pin me for later…
Terry's Chocolate Orange Brownies
- 225 g soft butter
- 225 g dark chocolate
- 4 large eggs
- 300 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange extract
- Grated zest of one large orange
- Pinch of salt
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 125 g plain flour
- 1 milk or dark Terry's chocolate orange broken into pieces
- 1 bag of Terry's mini chocolate orange for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160Fan/350F.
- Grease a 22cm square tin and line with a piece of baking parchment, making sure it comes a couple of inches above the top so you can easily lift the brownies from the pan when baked.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a large saucepan and melt over a low heat. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together then add the vanilla, orange extract and salt. Fold in the cocoa powder, flour and chocolate orange chunks.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and place the mini chocolate orange segments on the top of the batter. Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Leave to cool completely before cutting into squares.