Jammie Dodger blondies – your favourite childhood biscuit in a delicious, gooey white chocolate blondie!
Hands up if you love Jammie Dodger biscuits!
I certainly do! That childhood classic biscuit close to many of our hearts (in the UK at least) has stood the test of time and quite rightly so.
If you aren’t from the uk and are wondering what on earth a jammie dodger is, let me fill you in. It’s a crumbly biscuit (cookie) with a jam filled middle. They are instantly recognisable with their pretty trademark heart in the middle. The flavours available are strawberry, raspberry and now lemon. There have been a few limited edition flavours, but in my opinion, they weren’t that great really. I haven’t come across the lemon ones yet, but I’m on the lookout for them!
So what can I say about these jammie dodger blondies, apart from the fact that they are even more delicious than you could possibly believe?
I’ve seen a few versions of these blondies on the internet and they all look fabulous. I’ve been meaning to make them for so long. I finally chose a recipe from Olive magazine, but as usual I had to change it up a little – I can never leave a recipe alone!
The white chocolate blondie base is chewy around the sides and a little gooey in the middle, just like a good blondie should be. If you want them less gooey in the middle, you’ll need increase the baking time. But if you do this, you will end up with something more like a cookie bar.
Here’s a close up to show you what kind of texture you’re looking for…
See how the blondie is still slightly soft and gooey in the middle? That’s the dream..
If you wanted to, you could use mini jammie dodgers instead – how cute would those be dotted around the top?
Don’t they bake so pretty? Look at those jammie swirls ?
Make these for the jammie dodger lover in your life and I guarantee they will love you forever!
PIN ME FOR LATER…
Looking for more easy traybake recipes?
Jammie Dodger Blondies
- 200 g Soft Butter
- 250 g Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 200 g White Chocolate Chopped into small chunks
- 3 Large Eggs
- 275 g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 tbsp Raspberry or Strawberry Jam
- 9 Jammie Dodger Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to180C/160Fan/350F and grease and line a square 20x30cm baking tin.
- Melt the butter and sugar together in a large pan.Take off the heat and leave to cool a little before beating in the eggs one at a time.When all the eggs are fully incorporated. Stir in the vanilla, then fold in the flour and the white chocolate chunks.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tin and spead out evenly.Drop spoonfuls of the jam all over the top, then using a butter knife or skewer make swirly patterns. Gently press the jammie dodgers on top. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until risen and golden.The blondies will still be quite soft in the middle, so cool in the tin for at least two hours before turning out and cutting into squares.