Chewy brown sugar vanilla blondies studded with milk chocolate chunks and topped with mini chocolate eggs – these mini egg blondies are a perfect easy Easter bake!
I have always had a weakness for Cadbury Mini Eggs. Do not leave a packet open near me or they will be gone before you know it!
Ingredients You’ll need to make Mini egg blondies
(scroll to the bottom of this post to find printable recipe)
- Butter. Salted or Unsalted is fine. For the best flavour, stay away from spreads and margarine.
- Soft light brown sugar for that gorgeous caramely flavour
- Vanilla extract
- Plain flour
- Baking Powder
- Milk chocolate chunks (I use a normal chocolate bar and chop it up rather than buying the packets of chocolate chunks)
- 1-2 packets of Mini eggs! I place the eggs on top of the blondie as soon as it comes out of the oven.
Tips for making perfect blondies
- Take care not to over bake the blondies. A little bit of squidge in the middle is a good thing! The blondie will firm up on cooling, so don’t worry if its a little wobbly in the centre.
- I’ve made mini egg blondies lots of times and I think it’s much better to place the mini eggs on top as soon as the blondie is out of the oven. If you add them before you bake the blondie they tend to sink and disappear into the batter.
want to see more blondie recipes?
Looking for more easter treats?
- 160g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 225g salted or unsalted butter
- 200g soft light brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 Medium eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g bar milk chocolate, chopped in small chunks
- 1-2 80g packet mini eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180C/150Fan/350F. Grease and line the base and sides of a 9x12 inch baking tin.
- Stir together the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. Melt the butter and both sugars in a medium saucepan over a low heat, stirring occasionally. When the mixture has melted, remove from the heat and leave to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in the flour/baking powder mixture. Finally, stir in the chopped milk chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is set. The blondie will still wobble slightly in the middle, but will firm up on cooling. Immediately after removing from the oven, press the mini eggs into the blondie. Leave to cool completely in the tin before cutting into squares.
These blondies also work very well with white chocolate chunks!
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 249Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 46mgSodium 51mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 1gSugar 32gProtein 4g