Chewy brown sugar vanilla blondies studded with milk chocolate chunks and topped with mini chocolate eggs – these mini egg blondies are a perfect easy Easter bake!
I have always had a weakness for Cadbury Mini Eggs. Do not leave a packet open near me or they will be gone before you know it!
This is not the first time I’ve used mini eggs in baking – I also have recipes for no bake Easter tiffin, no bake Easter cheesecake (the perfect Easter dessert!), mini egg rocky road and mini egg cookies!
Prefer Creme eggs to Mini Eggs? Then you’ll love these recipes for Creme egg stuffed cookies, Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies, Cadbury Creme egg chocolate brownie cookies and last but certainly not least these gorgeous Cadbury Creme egg cupcakes.
what is a blondie?
I’ve been asked this question many times! A blondie is basically a brown sugar-vanilla version of a chocolate brownie. It often, but not always, contains either melted white chocolate or chips. A good blondie should be chewy on the outside and slightly gooey in the middle.
A blondie can come in many shapes and forms – dress them up with Ferrero Rocher and chopped hazelnuts such as these Ferrero Rocher Blondies or add retro biscuits and jammie swirls for these EPIC jammie dodger blondies.
Are you a Biscoff fan? Who isn’t, right? You’ll definitely want to try these amazing Biscoff Blondies. Or are you a devotee to Nutella? These browned butter Nutella blondies will be the recipe for you!
Tips for making perfect blondies
- Take care not to over bake the blondies. A little bit of squidge in the middle is a good thing! The blondie will firm up on cooling, so don’t worry if its a little wobbly in the centre.
- I’ve made mini egg blondies lots of times and I think it’s much better to place the mini eggs on top as soon as the blondie is out of the oven. If you add them before you bake the blondie they tend to sink and disappear into the batter.
Looking for more easter treats?
did you make this recipe?
I really hope you loved it! Let me know what you thought by leaving a comment below and please rate the recipe by clicking on the stars in the recipe card below.
- 160g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 225g salted or unsalted butter
- 200g soft light brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 Medium eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g bar milk chocolate, chopped in small chunks
- 1-2 80g packet mini eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180C/150Fan/350F. Grease and line the base and sides of a 9x12 inch baking tin.
- Stir together the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. Melt the butter and both sugars in a medium saucepan over a low heat, stirring occasionally. When the mixture has melted, remove from the heat and leave to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in the flour/baking powder mixture. Finally, stir in the chopped milk chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is set. The blondie will still wobble slightly in the middle, but will firm up on cooling. Immediately after removing from the oven, press the mini eggs into the blondie. Leave to cool completely in the tin before cutting into squares.
These blondies also work very well with white chocolate chunks!
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 249Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 46mgSodium 51mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 1gSugar 32gProtein 4g