Scone Dough Pizza couldn’t be easier to make – pile on your favourite toppings! A very simple hassle free recipe that everyone will love.
Scone Dough Pizza is a fantastic recipe for those days when you’re really pushed for time.
It is literally made and on the table in 20 minutes.
Perfect for when your kids are suddenly struck down with a craving for pizza and you don’t want to wait around for dough to rise!
OK, this may not be a real deal pizza and I apologise if this offends any Italians, but quick, instant recipes like this are a life saver on a busy week day when you’re up against the clock.
You don’t need any yeast to make this recipe – and you can use the dough straight away.
Ingredients you will need:
- Self Raising Flour.
- Fine Salt.
- Cold butter.
- Yoghurt. You can use either Greek or plain yoghurt (preferably full fat)
- Pizza toppings. This one I’ll leave up to you – use whatever you have to hand. Tinned sweetcorn, cold meats such as ham, pepperoni, chorizo slices, cooked bacon, mushrooms, onions, peppers…the only limit is your imagination.
TIPS for making scone dough pizza
- You can use pretty much any toppings you like. Any leftover meat/veg you have in the fridge would be great, but don’t weigh the pizzas down with too much toppings or the base wont cook properly on the bottom and will go quite soggy.
- The thinner you roll out the dough, the quicker the pizzas wil take to cook. I try and roll them out to around the thickness of a 50p piece.
HOW to make scone dough pizza
(scroll to the bottom of the post to find printable recipe)
- Place self raising flour and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Add cubed cold butter and rub in until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Pour In the yoghurt and lightly mix in until you have a soft, slightly sticky dough. It takes a minute or two to come together.
- Cut the dough into 8 pieces. Dust a work surface with flour and roll each piece out into mini pizza sizes.
- Spread with tomato sauce and top with your desired toppings! Sprinkle with some dried mixed herbs or oregano and lightly drizzle each pizza with olive oil.
- Remember the more toppings you use, the longer the pizzas will take to cook.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until golden and cooked through. The cooking time will depend on how thick the bases are, so they may take a few minutes longer to cook right through.
I really hope you enjoy this yeast free pizza recipe! Let me know what you thought by leaving a comment and rating the recipe by clicking on the stars in the recipe card.
More easy store cupboard recipes
Nutrition Information Yield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 259Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 35mgSodium 877mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 12g