This white chocolate mini egg rocky road is the perfect no bake Easter sweet treat!
An easy to make white chocolate rocky road with biscuit chunks, marshmallows and lots of coloured mini chocolate eggs!
So as I’m sure I’ve mentioned before, my boys are mad for rocky road and I’ve wanted to try a white chocolate version for a while now. I seem to stockpile packets of mini eggs like a crazy woman as soon as they go on offer in the shops – I have a bit of a weakness for them.
I stock up to make my creme egg stuffed cookies, no bake Easter cheesecake, mini egg blondies and mini egg cookies – all big favourites around this time of year!
why I love this mini egg rocky road recipe
- You just need a few ingredients to make it – just like my white Twix rocky road
- It’s a no bake recipe – making it nice and quick to put together
- It makes a lovely Easter gift – if you can bring yourself to share it!
tips for making this recipe
While this recipe is generally very simple to make, the trickiest part is melting the white chocolate.
If white chocolate becomes too hot while melting, it will separate and turn into a grainy mess.
The best way to melt white chocolate
I find the most reliable way to melt white chocolate is using the bowl and pan method – place the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl (a glass pyrex type dish is best) and set it over a saucepan of just simmering water.
Don’t have the heat too high and don’t allow any of the water or steam to touch the chocolate – or you’ll have to start again!
Try not to stir the chocolate too much – just leave it and allow it to melt down. Once the butter, syrup and chocolate has almost melted, you can give it a little stir. The second this happens, remove the melted chocolate from the heat.
bash the mini eggs up!
I’ve made this recipe so many times I’ve learned that it’s far better to bash the mini eggs up a little before you mix them into the rocky road mixture. It’s tempting to leave them whole, but trust me – your rocky road will be a nightmare to cut into squares.
I simply give the unopened packet of chocolate eggs a slight bash with a rolling pin – you could use a knife to cut them in half, but you do run the risk of mini eggs pinging all over the kitchen! The rolling pin bashing method is a much safer option, especially if you’re making this recipe with kids.
commonly asked questions
I don’t like white chocolate! Can I use milk instead?
Sure! If you aren’t a white chocolate fan, you can easily substitute milk or dark chocolate. All dark chocolate would be quite rich though – that’s something to bear in mind if you’re serving the rocky road to children.
what biscuits can i use?
My favourite biscuits for making rocky road are
malted milk – they go really well with the white chocolate in this recipe
more Easter bakes you might enjoy
Leftover Easter Chocolate Cookies
mini egg rocky road
This mini egg rocky road is the perfect sweet treat for Easter! Melted white chocolate, biscuit chunks, marshmallows and lots of mini chocolate eggs!
- 350g white chocolate, finely chopped
- 125g butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 200g biscuits, bashed into small chunks (I use malted milks or rich teas)
- 75g marshmallows
- 100g Cadbury's mini eggs
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 150g white chocolate
- 75g mini eggs, bashed
- Place the chopped chocolate, butter and syrup in a large heatproof bowl (A pyrex bowl is ideal.) Place the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water (obviously check first to see if the bowl will sit over the pan!) and allow to melt, only stirring very occasionally.
- Once the mixture has melted and is smooth, leave to cool very slightly for a couple of minutes before stirring in the biscuit chunks, marshmallows and bashed mini eggs. Pour into a lined 22x22cm tin and smooth the top down as best as you can. Place in the fridge while you melt the chocolate for the topping.
- Melt the remaining 150g of the chocolate (in a pyrex bowl set over a pan of hot water) and once it's melted and smooth, remove the rocky road from the fridge and pour the chocolate over the top. Scatter with the bashed mini eggs and chill for an hour or two before slicing into squares.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 342Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g
Calories and nutritional information are provided by a third party application and should be viewed as indicative figures only.
This looks divine- rocky road is one of my favourites!
Sorry about your bun – but this rocky road looks great!
These looks sooooo good! I want a piece!
omg! just looking at this raised my appetite …thanks for sharing.
You’re very welcome, thanks for visiting 🙂
[…] White chocolate mini egg rocky road […]