These Turkey and Cranberry Filo Tarts are full of Christmas flavour – chopped leftover turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce in one delicious, crunchy bite. They are perfect party food!
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
I came up with this recipe yesterday (Boxing Day) when I opened my fridge and looked at all the little tupperware boxes of Christmas dinner leftovers –
- Cranberry Sauce
I also had a packet of fresh filo pastry, originally intended for making mince pies which never happened.
These filo tarts were so popular and disappeared fast – I will definitely be making them again!
And even better, they take just 5 minutes to cook! Serve these little tarts with a glass of something fizzy for a perfect festive appetiser.
This is a great recipe for using up Christmas dinner leftovers – give them a go, you won’t regret it!
how to make turkey and cranberry filo tarts
(Ingredient amounts and detailed instructions are in the recipe card at the bottom of the post!)
- Carefully Place 3 sheets of fresh filo pastry on a work surface and brush each sheet with melted butter. Place the sheets on top of each other, slightly offset to allow the corners to show.
- Cut out squares of pastry and place them into a mini muffin or tart tin. You could also make larger tarts if you prefer (see picture below)
- Fill the pastry with chopped cold turkey, stuffing and a spoonful of cranberry sauce. A little crumbled Stilton over the top is also very good.
- Bake at 220C/200Fan/450F for 5 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden and the filling is hot. They burn very quickly, so take care!
- As soon as the tarts are cool enough to handle, remove them from the tins and transfer to a serving plate.
can I make these tarts in advance?
While these filo tarts are at their best warm from the oven, they also taste pretty good cold! However I wouldn’t recommend making them in advance – the pasty starts to lose its crispness after several hours.
More recipes to use up leftover turkey
More festive party food
Did you make these turkey and cranberry filo tarts? Let me know what you thought of the recipe by leaving a comment below – and if you would rate the recipe by clicking on the stars in the recipe card, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
- 3 Sheets of fresh Filo Pastry
- 25g Butter, Melted
- 50g finely chopped cold cooked Leftover Turkey meat
- 50g Cooked cold Leftover Stuffing
- 25g Cranberry Sauce
- 25g Crumbled Stilton Cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200Fan/425F. Place 3 sheets of fresh filo pastry on a work surface and brush each sheet with melted butter. Carefully place the sheets of pastry on top of each other, slightly overlapping them so you get pointy corners.
- Cut the pastry into 24 small squares and place each one in mini tart/muffin cases.
- Fill the cases with the chopped cooked turkey and stuffing. Top with a teaspoon of cranberry sauce and a little stilton cheese if you like.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes until the pastry is golden and crisp and the filling is hot and bubbling. They burn very quickly, so don't stray far from the oven.
- As soon as the tarts are cool enough to handle, remove them from the tins and place on a serving plate. Serve straight away.
While these tarts are best served warm, they are also very good cold too.
They taste their best the day they are made, so I wouldn't recommend making them in advance.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 33Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 2gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 1g