These Spring greens with lemon and mustard dressing are a very simple yet delicious way to serve seasonal green vegetables.
This is a very handy little recipe to have up your sleeve – it’s simple, super quick to make and goes with almost anything – roast dinners, grilled meat, even stir it through pasta!
The tangy dressing is made from lemon, mustard and rapeseed or olive oil.
It is addictive!
What kind of greens can I use for this recipe?
The beauty of this recipe is you can use pretty much any seasonal green vegetables you want – kale, shredded cabbage, spinach, broccoli, green beans or asparagus all work well here.
I’ve used tenderstem broccoli, asparagus and a bag of Spring greens simply because it’s what I had in the fridge. I love using up odds and ends in the fridge, it makes me feel like a super efficient person (I have to try!)
The lemon and mustard dressing takes just a few minutes to mix up and the greens take no longer than 5-8 minutes, so this is real fast food!
Looking for more spring recipes? check these out….
more vegan recipes…
Pin this recipe for later…..
Did you make this Spring greens recipe? Leave a comment/rating and let me know what you thought! Or follow me on Instagram and leave me a comment. I love to see what you’ve been making!
Spring greens with lemon and mustard dressing
- 1 300-400g Bag Spring Greens OR 400 Bag Kale
- 125 g Tenderstem Broccoli or Asparagus tips
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Zest and Juice of One Large Lemon
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard I use honey mustard but you can use any djion mustard
- 3 tbsp Olive or Rapseed Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Pinch of sugar (optional)
- A small bunch fresh mint leaves (optional)
- To make the dressing ,mix the garlic, lemon zest and juice, mustard and oil together. Taste for seasoning and add the sugar if you think it needs it.
- Steam or place the greens and broccoli in boiling water for about 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain well, then pour the golden dressing over the greens and mix well. Add the mint leaves, if using.