These Spring greens with lemon and mustard dressing are a very simple yet delicious way to serve seasonal green vegetables.
This is a very handy little recipe to have up your sleeve – it’s simple, super quick to make and goes with almost anything – roast dinners, grilled meat, even stir it through pasta!
The tangy dressing is made from lemon, mustard and rapeseed or olive oil.
It is addictive!
What kind of greens can I use for this recipe?
The beauty of this recipe is you can use pretty much any seasonal green vegetables you want – kale, shredded cabbage, spinach, broccoli, green beans or asparagus all work well here.
I’ve used tenderstem broccoli, asparagus and a bag of Spring greens simply because it’s what I had in the fridge. I love using up odds and ends in the fridge, it makes me feel like a super efficient person (I have to try!)
The lemon and mustard dressing takes just a few minutes to mix up and the greens take no longer than 5-8 minutes, so this is real fast food!
Serve with my roast lamb with wild garlic and rosemary and dauphinois potatoes for a gorgeous Spring weekend lunch or dinner.
Looking for more spring recipes? check these out….
NEW POTATO SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS AND RADISHES
CAULIFLOWER COUS COUS SALAD
more vegan recipes…
Stuffed Pumpkin with mushroom rice and cranberries
Pin this spring greens with lemon and mustard dressing recipe for later…..
Did you make this Spring greens recipe?
Leave a comment/rating and let me know what you thought! Or follow me on Instagram and leave me a comment. I love to see what you’ve been making!
Spring greens with lemon and mustard dressing
These Spring greens with lemon and mustard dressing couldn't be simpler or quicker to make!
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- finely grated zest and Juice of One Large Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard , I use honey mustard but you can use any djion mustard you like
- 3 tablespoons Olive or Rapeseed Oil
- Salt and freshly ground black Pepper
- pinch of sugar, (optional)
- 400g Bag Spring Greens OR Kale
- 125g Tenderstem Broccoli or Asparagus tips
- A small bunch fresh mint leaves, finely shredded (optional)
- To make the dressing ,mix the garlic, lemon zest and juice, mustard and oil together. Taste for seasoning and add the sugar if you think it needs it.
- Steam the greens and broccoli for about 3-5 minutes until just tender. Drain well, then pour the golden dressing over the greens and mix well. Sprinkle over the shredded mint leaves, if using.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 380mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 5gSugar: 11gProtein: 5g
Calories and nutritional information are provided by a third party application and should be viewed as indicative figures only.
I love this recipe for broccoli and kale. What a refreshing change, thank you!
I’m so glad you like it!