Do you always find yourself ordering takeaway on a Friday night? Save your money and try this BBQ Chicken Naan Pizza instead! It takes less than 15 minutes to make and is (probably) one of the easiest dinners you could ever make!
easy BBQ chicken naan bread pizza
Naan bread pizza has to be one of my favourite “cheat” recipes. I first came across the recipe years ago, but I didn’t actually try it until quite recently. I am now kicking myself for waiting so long.
Just like my scone dough pizza, it’s a game changer.
We all have those nights when we just don’t feel like cooking much, but unless we’re ok with blowing the budget on takeaway, there isn’t much choice. This is where this “cheat” pizza recipe is a life saver.
If you like a BBQ chicken pizza, you’ll LOVE how simple this is. All you need are Naan breads, bbq sauce, shredded cooked chicken, cheese and red onion.
This is definitely one of those recipes that absolutely anyone can put together, even if you’re completely exhausted at the end of a manic week.
why you’ll love this recipe
- Tastes so much nicer than a frozen pizza – I promise!
- Very quick and easy – it takes no longer than 10 minutes to cook
- Naan Breads. I tend to stick with the plain Naans, but it’s just occured to me the garlic ones would also be really nice.
- Shredded cooked chicken. If I have any Sunday roast leftover chicken, I’ll use that. A Rotisserie chicken is also perfect.
- BBQ sauce. You can use your favourite brand or try this homemade BBQ sauce.
- Red onion. If your family doesn’t like onion, just leave it out.
- Grated cheese. You need a good melting cheese. Cheddar, Mozzarella (the kind in a block or pre grated – not the balls packed in water) and Monterey Jack are ideal.
You could also add:
- Thinly sliced peppers
- Sliced tomatoes
- Chilli flakes for a little heat
I know it’s tempting, but don’t go too mad on the toppings. If you pile on too much, your pizza will take longer to cook. Less is definitely more.
Should I heat up the naan before adding the toppings?
If you want a very crispy base, you could heat the Naan for a few minutes before adding the toppings and returning to the oven. I personally don’t bother with this.
can i make this in an air fryer?
You certainly can. I have with great success. Cook in the air fryer at 180C for 5-6 minutes or until the chicken is piping hot and the cheese has melted.
Serve this Naan pizza with a big green salad, potato wedges or fries and coleslaw. Perfect Friday night right there, if you ask me.
Did you make this recipe?
Do let me know how you got on with it and rate the recipe using the ⭐️ in the recipe card below!
- 2 Naan breads
- 175g cooked shredded chicken
- 125g of your favourite BBQ sauce
- 80g Grated cheese
- Half a red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180Fan. Place the Naan breads on a large baking tray. Spread over about half of the BBQ sauce. Mix the cooked chicken with the other half of the sauce.
- Top the bread with the chicken, red onion slices and grated cheese.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the chicken is piping hot. Serve straight away.
To cook the pizzas in an air fryer, place in air fryer basket and cook at 180C for 5-6 minutes or until the chicken is piping hot and the cheese has melted.
Need more than two servings? This recipe can very easily be doubled.
Place any leftover pizza in the fridge (once fully cooled) and use within two days.
To change it up, add some sweetcorn, sliced tomatoes, thinly sliced peppers or some chilli flakes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 687Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 1388mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 3gSugar: 25gProtein: 41g
Calories and nutritional information are provided by a third party application and should be viewed as indicative figures only.