Dalgona Coffee is the whipped coffee drink that’s taking the Internet by storm! It’s incredibly easy to make at home and calls for just a few simple ingredients – instant coffee, sugar and water! Mix with your favourite type of milk and ice for a refreshing treat. No fancy coffee machine required!
A few weeks ago my friend Dea sent me a recipe that was doing the rounds on Tik Tok. It was a creamy, whipped coffee drink that looked really delicious but left me wondering if it really was that easy.
Since I am completely crazy for anything to do with coffee, I just had to try it out. I can confirm that it is no gimmick – it really does work. The Tik Tok video has been viewed over 12 million times!
This whipped coffee drink is so simple to make absolutely anyone can make it with a few storecupboard ingredients.
ingredients you will need to make dalgona coffee/whipped coffee
- Instant coffee. It must be instant – it won’t work without it!
- White sugar
- Hot Water
- Ice Cubes
how to make dalgona cofffee/whipped coffee
- In a medium bowl, whip together the instant coffee, sugar and hot water until the mixture is thick and holds soft peaks. I recommend using an electric whisk – it can be done by hand, but it takes a good few minutes to whip up!
- Whisk the mixture until thick and creamy. It should be able to hold a soft peak. It takes a few minutes to reach this stage, so if you think it’s not going to work, have faith and keep going!
- Fill a large glass with ice cubes and milk. Top with the whipped coffee and serve immediately.
Can i use vegan milk?
Yes! You can use any type of milk including almond, soya, oat or coconut milk.
make it boozy!
After toppping the milk with the whipped coffee, stir in 1-2 tablespoons of your favourite tipple – I love whipped coffee with Kahlua (coffee Liqueur), but Baileys, whisky or any chocolate/salted caramel Liqueur would also work very well.
want to see more easy homemade drinks?
Did you make this Dalgona/whipped coffee recipe? I would love to see it! Tag me in your photos on Instagram
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- A handful of Ice cubes
- About 300ml Milk
- Place the coffee, sugar and hot water in a medium bowl. Using a hand held electric whisk or balloon whisk, whip the mixture to soft peaks. If you're whisking by hand, it can take 4-5 minutes so if you think it will never whip up, keep going! I promise it will!
- When the coffee mixture is thick and holding soft, creamy peaks, fill a large glass with ice cubes and milk and top with the whipped coffee.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 256Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 25mgSodium 165mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 0gSugar 25gProtein 11g