easy no churn Baileys ice cream tastes just like a top class ice cream, yet is deceptively simple to make.
Serve on its own or with your favourite festive desserts! Once you’ve tried this oh so easy recipe you’ll make it all the time! Have I mentioned you don’t need an ice cream maker?
I’m so excited to share this recipe with you. I have high hopes that you will love it as much as I do. Called me old fashioned, but it just wouldn’t be Christmas without a good Baileys dessert.
Very late on Christmas Eve, once I’ve filled the stockings, wrapped the last minute gifts, prepped the food and left a mince pie for Santa (although this year I’m wondering if he might also appreciate a slice of this mincemeat shortbread slice) and a carrot for Rudolph, I reward myself with a glass of cold Baileys over lots of ice. I don’t drink Baileys at any other time of year – I save it for Christmas. I just love it.
I’ve already shared a few Baileys desserts with you on here in the past and it seems I am not alone in my love of it.
Many of you have made my no bake Baileys cheesecake, Baileys chocolate Yule log and this sumptuous Baileys chocolate brioche pudding and shared photos of them on Facebook and Instagram (which I LOVE to see!)
This is, without any doubt, the easiest Baileys dessert I’ve ever posted. You just need four ingredients (well, five if you count the optional Baileys chocolate truffles) and a freezer.
Oh, and you don’t need an ice cream maker either – this is a super easy no churn recipe.
It’s actually ridiculously easy – I took my no churn salted caramel Rolo ice cream, took out the salted caramel and rolos and added a generous slug of Baileys. And you can really taste the Baileys in this ice cream.
easy make ahead desssert
It’s the perfect make ahead Christmas or New Year dessert – it takes no more than 10 minutes to prep and it will happily in the freezer for up to a week. I can’t rave about this enough!
step by step instructions
(Rather skip to the printable recipe with detailed instructions and ingredient amounts? Please keep on scrolling to the bottom of the post!)
Step one – place a tin of condensed milk, vanilla extract and Baileys Irish cream liqueur in a large bowl and stir to mix everything together.
Step two – Lightly whip double cream until it holds a soft peak. Don’t over whip the cream – you don’t want it too stiff.
Step three – Fold the lightly whipped double cream into the condensed milk/Baileys mixture. It might look a little lumpy at first, but keep folding lightly until the mixture is smooth.
Step four – Tip this rather delicious, it has to be said, mixture into a lined 9×5 inch loaf tin OR a one tub with a 1 litre capacity. Smooth the top and top with Baileys chocolate delight truffles. I leave some whole and break some in half, purely for looks!
If using a loaf tin, place a piece of baking parchment on top to protect the ice cream from freezer burn and tightly wrap the whole tin in two or three layers of cling film.
Step five – Freeze the ice cream for at least six hours or overnight.
serving no churn baileys ice cream
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow to soften for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Please note that once this ice cream softens, it softens very quickly! In the very unlikely event of any leftover ice cream, pop it straight back in the freezer.
- This Baileys ice cream is absolutely delicious on its own or for a real festive treat, serve with a warm mince pie.
- I’m usually very restrained and disciplined when photographing recipes but I have to tell you, straight after taking the photograph below I scoffed the lot. And I had zero regrets!
more serving suggestions
This ice cream would be incredible with chocolate brownies or the Baileys bread pudding I metioned above.
I’m definitely trying it Italian “Affogato” style by pouring a hot espresso over scoops – Baileys and coffee? My idea of heaven!
Can I make this Baileys ice cream in advance?
Yes, it’s actually the perfect make ahead dessert. It will keep quite happily in the freezer for up to seven days – ideal for this time of year when we’re all pushed for time!
did you make this recipe?
I hope you loved it! Let me know what you thought by leaving a comment and if you would be so kind, please rate the recipe by clicking on the stars in the recipe card. Thank you and enjoy!
looking for more easy desserts?
Easy no churn Baileys ice cream
This easy no churn Baileys ice cream is the perfect festive dessert! You just need a handful of ingredients and a freezer - no ice cream maker required! If you're a Baileys fan, you will love this simple recipe.
- One 397g tin condensed milk (not to be confused with evaporated milk!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons Baileys Irish cream
- 400ml double cream
- 80g Baileys Irish cream truffles (optional, but highly recommended)
- place the condensed milk, vanilla extract and Baileys in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine everything together.
- Place the double cream in a separate bowl and lightly whip until it holds a soft, floppy peak - don't overwhip (this is important as over whipping could cause the ice cream to be grainy)
- Fold the lightly whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture, smoothing out any lumps. Once the mixture is smooth, place in a 9x5 inch lined loaf tin or a one litre capacity freezer safe tub. Top with the Baileys chocolate truffles, if using.
- Smooth the top and place the lid on the tub, or if using a loaf pan, place a piece of baking parchment on top and tightly wrap the whole tin in two or three layers of cling film. Freeze for a minimum of six hours or until the ice cream has frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and allow to soften for about 10 minutes before serving. Please note that once no churn ice cream begins to soften, it does so very quickly! But this is so delicious I don't imagine it would be sitting around for very long.
This ice cream can be made up to a week in advance.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 530Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 106mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 0gSugar: 47gProtein: 7g
Calories and nutritional information are provided by a third party application and should be viewed as indicative figures only.
Made this ice-cream today .
Really easy to make and wow what a delicious result .
Looks perfect, I’m so glad you enjoyed!