Liven up your roast dinner with these delicious honey mustard roasted parsnips and carrots – easy to make and so delicious.
What’s your favourite part of a roast dinner? Apart from the stuffing, my absolute favourite has to be roasted veg.
I’m especially fond of parsnips and I always make extra because I can’t help sneaking a few when I take them out of the oven (by the way I do NOT recommend doing this – I’ve burnt my mouth on more than one occasion! I’ll never learn..)
I’ve long been a fan of adding honey or maple syrup to roasted veg, but one thing that always annoyed me was having to deal with the crystallised sugar stuck to the tin afterwards.
A lot of recipes I’ve seen instruct you to drizzle the honey directly over the veg, which is delicious but I’ve found that by doing this you’re much more likely to end up with black, burnt sugar that sticks to the tin.
I’ve found that if you simply mix the honey with some oil before pouring over the vegetables, you still get that gorgeous sweet caramelisation and less mess to deal with afterwards!
And who wants to deal with burnt roasting tins on Christmas Day? Certainly not me.
More festive dishes…
Pin these honey mustard roasted parsnips and carrots for later…
- 4 Parsnips, peeled and cut into long sticks
- 4 Carrots, peeled and cut into long sticks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180Fan/400F.
- Place the peeled parsnips and carrots in a medium sized roasting tin.
- Mix together the vegetable oil, honey and mustard in a small bowl.
- Pour this all over the vegetables and sprinkle over some salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes, or until cooked through, golden and sticky.
Serves 4 people
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 5gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g
Calories and nutritional information are provided by a third party application and should be viewed as indicative figures only.