These refined sugar free banana blueberry pancakes are the perfect weekend breakfast when you want to eat light but still feel like you’re having a treat!
As much as I LOVE my regular Fluffy American pancake recipe, there are certain times when I just want something a little bit lighter.
These sugar free banana and blueberry pancakes fit the bill perfectly.
They are totally free from refined sugar – the banana provides enough natural sweetness so there’s no need for any extra sugar. I promise you won’t miss it!
ingredients you’ll need to make sugar free banana blueberry pancakes
(detailed instructions in the recipe card at the bottom of the post)
One large ripe banana
2 Medium sized eggs
3 Tablespoons of self raising flour
1/4 Teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
50g fresh blueberries
how do you make sugar free banana blueberry pancakes?
Firstly, mash the banana well in a medium sized bowl. Add the eggs and stir well.
Add the self raising flour, baking powder and vanilla extract and mix well until you have a fairly runny batter. It might seem slightly runnier than a normal pancake batter, but that’s fine.
Fold in the blueberries. Place a pan on a medium heat and spray with a few squirts of low calorie cooking spray. When the pan is fairly hot, pour in heaped tablespoons of the batter.
Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip the pancake over and cook until golden brown and cooked through.
I love to serve these pancakes with maple syrup OR skinny syrup and lots of fresh berries but feel free to use whatever toppings your heart desires!
looking for more breakfast/brunch ideas? check these out….
Did you make these pancakes? Let me know what you thought of the recipe by leaving a comment below and rate the recipe out of 5 by clicking on the stars.
- One large banana
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 3 tbsp Self Raising Flour
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 50g Fresh Blueberries
- Low calorie cooking spray for the pan
- Place the banana in a medium sized bowl and mash well.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder. Fold in the blueberries.
- Place a non stick frying pan on a medium heat and spray with low calorie cooking spray. When the pan is hot, pour in a heaped tablespoon of batter and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip the pancake over and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Stack the pancakes high and serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit.
If you prefer, you can make these pancakes without the blueberries.
The pancakes are best eaten fresh, but they can be made in advance and re-heated in a low oven (150C) for 10 minutes.
I wouldn't recommend re-heating the pancakes in the microwave - they can go quite rubbery.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 2
Amount Per Serving Calories 183Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 164mgSodium 264mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 3gSugar 11gProtein 8g