Celebrate the arrival of Autumn with this gorgeous pumpkin spice chocolate chip granola!
My favourite season of all is officially here. I love Autumn. I love the colours of the leaves, the cooler weather, making warming soups, cosy jumpers and pumpkin spice lattes.
This crunchy granola has plenty of Autumnal flavours in the form of pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin seeds and walnuts. I also threw in a generous handful of dried cranberries and dark chocolate chips, just because I love them!
The original recipe for this granola used a mix of Autumnal spices – cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. But since I made this pumpkin pie spice mix earlier in the week, I decided to use it instead. The smell of the spices while the granola was baking was incredible – it was so good! If Autumn has a scent, then this is surely it!
Adding the egg white to the oats help bind everything together, creating those addictive, crunchy clusters. But it’s entirely optional.
I love this granola with natural yogurt and fresh berries. It’s one of my all time favourite breakfasts. Or its perfect just as it is, eaten in snatched handfuls whenever I pass the jar!
Pin this pumpkin spice granola for later…
This recipe/post was updated 16th September, 2018.
Linking up with #CookBlogShare, hosted this week by A Strong Coffee
Pumpkin spice chocolate chip granola
- 400 g rolled oats
- 125 g walnuts
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- 100 g soft light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 g pumpkin puree I use Libbys, the only brand I can ever find in the shops
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100 ml maple syrup
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg white (optional)
- 125 g dried cranberries
- 125 g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C. ogether the pumpkinIn a small bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil and maple syrup.In a large bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, salt, spices, seeds and nuts. Pour over the wet ingredients and mix very well together. Whisk the egg white until foamy, then pour into the granola mixture. Mix very well using a wooden spoon. Pour this onto a deep baking tray/tin and spread out evenly. You may need to use two trays depending on their size. (I use a large roasting tin)Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the granola is golden and crunchy. Remove from the oven and leave to completely cold before stirring in the cranberries and chocolate chips.
- This granola will keep for a couple of weeks in an airtight jar.