Mars Bar Cake is without a doubt a retro children’s party classic – it’s ridiculously simple to make and absolutely no-one can resist it!
I hadn’t actually planned to post this recipe since it’s extremely simple and easy, but this is such an old classic I couldn’t resist.
I often make this for children’s parties where it is devoured by both kids and adults!
I am not safe around this crispy cake at all. I find it extremely addictive. It’s just as well my husband and boys love it as much as I do!
how to make mars bar cake….
Making Mars bar cake is very simple and just requires a few ingredients. You will need….
Mars bars (Obviously!)
All you need to do is melt Mars Bars, butter and golden syrup together in a pan…
When the mixture has melted, pour in the rice crispies. Mix together well, then pour into a lined tin.
Let to set for a while before covering with melted chocolate and decorate with chopped Mars Bars.
if you can resist this, you’re a much stronger person than i am!
Love Mars Bars? Try this chocolate caramel Mars Bar cake!
Pin this Mars Bar cake for later
Looking for more no bake recipes? Check these out….
- 4 Mars Bars, chopped, (the "standard" size weigh 51g each - the bars from the multipack are 39.4g so if you're using these, you will need 6 bars!
- 75 g butter
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 225 g Rice Krispies
- 200 g milk chocolate
- 1 Mars bar for decoration (optional)
- Grease and line a 9x9 baking tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the Mars Bars, butter and golden syrup together over a low heat in a large saucepan. The nougat in the Mars bar will take a while to melt down so keep stirring until you have a smooth, melted mixture.
- Pour the rice crispies over the melted mixture and stir very well until all the rice crispies are coated.
- Pour into the tin, smooth the top and pop in the fridge while you melt the chocolate for the topping.
- Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave or in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Pour the melted chocolate all over the crispy cake. Decorate with chopped Mars Bar pieces if desired.
- Leave to set in the fridge for about an hour before cutting into slices.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 Serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 254Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 17mgSodium 166mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 3g