This Mars bar crispy cake is a children’s party classic – grown ups can’t resist it either!
I hadn’t actually planned to post this recipe since it’s extremely simple and easy, but this is such an old classic I couldn’t resist. I often make this for children’s parties where it is devoured by both kids and adults! I am not safe around this stuff at all. I find it extremely addictive. It’s just as well my husband and boys love it as much as I do!
This kid’s Birthday party classic couldn’t be simpler to make….
You just melt Mars Bars, butter and golden syrup together in a pan…
When the mixture has melted, pour in rice crispies and stir in the crispies. Mix together well, then pour into a lined tin.
Let to set for a while before covering with melted chocolate and decorate with chopped Mars Bars.
This is my entry to a brand new blogging event called “Zero Baking Required” hosted by Sarah of Maison Cupcake. Visit Sarah’s site to drool over all the other yummy no bake treats 🙂
This recipe was originally published 24th August 2012. Republished 12th January 2019 with new photographs.
Pin this Mars Bar crispy cake for later…
More no bake traybake recipes –
Mars Bar Crispy Cake
- 4 Mars Bars, chopped (the "standard" size weigh 51g each - the bars from the multipack are 39.4g so if you're using these, you will need 6 bars!
- 75 g butter
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 225 g Rice Krispies
- 200 g milk chocolate
- 1 Mars bar for decoration (optional)
- Grease and line a 9x9 baking tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the Mars Bars, butter and golden syrup together over a low heat in a large saucepan. The nougat in the Mars bar will take a while to melt down so keep stirring until you have a smooth, melted mixture.
- Pour the rice crispies over the melted mixture and stir very well until all the rice crispies are coated.
- Pour into the tin, smooth the top and pop in the fridge while you melt the chocolate for the topping.
- Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave or in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Pour the melted chocolate all over the crispy cake. Decorate with chopped Mars Bar pieces if desired. Leave to set in the fridge for about an hour before cutting into slices.